How strict is Air Canada with pets?
If you are a pet parent and need to make a booking with Air Canada, then it becomes essential for you to read the Air Canada Pet Policy before booking to have a clear idea of their rules and regulations. The policy uncovers critical information that one should be aware of before traveling to avoid any inconveniences. Some of the crucial points of the policy are brought up below.
- According to Air Canada's Pet Policy, Live Animals will not be allowed as Checked-in luggage, animals in Hold, or Pets in Cabins.
- Only one pet per passenger is allowed, and live animals shall be consigned as Cargo.
- You are allowed to carry your Service or Emotional support dogs guiding a person with a disability.
- The Support dogs must be certified by a recognized Guide Dog Institution serving disabled passengers.
- Service and Emotional Support dogs are accepted after paying appropriate charges.
- Service and Emotional Support dogs are accepted without a kennel/cage if they are adequately harnessed and don't occupy a seat.
- Passengers with Service or Emotional Support Dogs can pick any Seat in the Cabin except the Exit Rows.
- The Dog must sit at the feet of the passenger seat or the adjacent seat if it's not occupied without blocking the aisle.
- Pets must be at least ten weeks older to be eligible to fly with Air Canada.
How to add a dog to your booking at Air Canada?
You can easily add your dog to your booking after reading the Air Canada Pet Policy by calling a representative or online through their website. You can glance both ways for a better understanding.
You can add your pet online to save time standing in a queue at the airport. It is efficient as you can do it anywhere using your laptop or smartphone in the manner described below.
- Open the website www.aircanada.com
- Navigate the My Bookings option at the top of the Menu Bar.
- Enter your Booking reference number/ ticket number and last name to see the Booking details.
- Mark the flight in which you want to add the pet.
- Click the Add Services option and select the option to add the pet.
- Enter the details of the pet, like age, breed, etc., to proceed to the payments page.
- Pay the required charges online, and the process is complete.
- You will receive the confirmation through an endorsement email.
Another option to add your pet to your booking is calling the Air Canada phone number at 1-888-247-2262/+1-802-341-3409 and choosing the related option. A representative will answer shortly and ask for the details like booking number, name, pet's information, etc., and after verifying the details, they will add the pet to your booking.
What is the Air Canada pet in-cabin fee?
According to the Air Canada Pet Policy, you are required to pay the following charges to add your pet:
- USD 50-59 for flights within Canada and the U.S.
- USD 100-118 for other International flights.
Hence, the abovementioned ways can help you to gather information about the Air Canada Pet Policy. You can call their customer service number for more help, as it is the primary and best way to reach them.