Does Lufthansa Offer Upgrade at Check in?
There are many passengers who wish to upgrade their Lufthansa traveling class post booking due to better services offered in the higher class and to complete their trip comfortably. If you have also made a flight booking and you want to upgrade, but you are now confused, “Are Lufthansa upgrades refundable?” then you must know that Lufthansa upgrades are not refundable. Once you pay the amount to the airlines for upgrades, the money will not be refunded even if you cancel your booking. You can go through the flight upgrade policies and procedures described below to know further.
Lufthansa Upgrade Policies?
If you wish to upgrade your traveling class post-booking, then you must follow the flight upgrade policies given below:
- If you are upgrading to a higher traveling class and there is a fare difference between your current and upgraded seat, then you must pay an additional payment to the airline.
- If you cancel your booking, then the price paid for upgrades is nonrefundable.
- Upgrades can only be made up to 48 hours before the scheduled Lufthansa departure of your flight.
- Upgrades can only be made to the higher classes.
- Flight upgrades will only be allotted if the selected option is available.
How to upgrade your Lufthansa traveling class?
Customers can follow the online steps given below to upgrade their traveling class:
- Go to the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Login into your account and navigate to the “manage booking” option, followed by selecting the travel class option.
- Soon you will be shown all the available options.
- Tap on the most desirable option from the seat map.
- If required, make the remaining payment.
- If the option is available, you will get the seat upgrade notification on your registered email address.
Conclusion: Customers can also call the airline customer care services to gather information about upgrades. The Lufthansa refundable Main cabin can also be selected by travelers if they wish to get a refundable option.