Can I Change the Name on my plane ticket Avianca Airlines?
Has your name been mistyped in Avianca? Do you want to learn how to correct names in Avianca Airlines? In this post, you'll learn about Avianca Airlines Name Change Policy and how you can change your name on your ticket. You need to be familiar with the process guidelines; otherwise, It may become problematic while traveling.
Avianca Airlines || Name Change Policy
Name correction in your flight ticket is flexible when your airline is Avianca. Let's imagine a case where your name has been misprinted on your ticket. You may be denied boarding by the airport staff if they see your name doesn't match your ID. The policy says—
- Avianca allows name correction due to any legal obligations like married/maiden name change.
- You can transfer your flight ticket to another passenger under this policy.
- You may be charged a name change fee and the fare difference.
- You must not exceed more than three characters while making the changes in the first, middle, and last names.
- You are allowed to make changes in your name for up to 3 hours prior to the departure.
- On every booking, passengers are allowed to make only one name change request.
- Passengers can't change their name online—(i) if the ticket is booked within 24 hours, (ii) with expired validity tickets, and (iii) if a ticket is booked using LifeMiles.
How to request a name change in Avianca?
Remember, your name change will only be allowed if it follows the Avianca Airlines Name Change Policy. Suppose you have misspelled your name, and now you want to correct it. Let's learn these ways.
Name change via online.
You can request a change of name online. Here is the process to be followed.
- Visit the Avianca Airlines official website.
- Go to the Ticket Manage section by moving your cursor to the Your Reservation tab and clicking on Manage Your Reservation.
- Provide the booking reference number and the guest's last name.
- Select the passenger for whom you want to make changes.
- Correct the name up to 3 characters as per the name change policy.
- You may need to attach your photo ID.
- Confirm your changes because you may not be able to make the changes again.
- A name correction fee will be shown to you. Pay it, and your request will be processed within 2-10 hours.
Name change via Phone.
You can speak to the executive and ask for a name change, and they will guide you regarding the Avianca Airlines Name Change Policy and help you to proceed. Here is the process simplified in easy steps that you can follow.
- Dial (+001) 800-284-2622 or +1-802-341-3409 and follow the calling procedure.--
- You will be connected to the Avianca representative.
- Pay the name change charges as specified.
- Within a few minutes, your request will be initiated.
- In addition to that, you would be asked to send your updated photo ID..
You need to request the airlines to make the necessary corrections to your name when it is needed. Use plenty of ways to contact the airline. Before going to make corrections, keep the Avianca Airlines Name Change Policy in mind.