Can I Change the Date of my British Airways Flight?
Looking to change the British flight due to have some amendments in the plan, you search for acquiring knowledge about British Airways Flight Change Policy, which allows you to make changes to your booking up to 24 hours before departure, depending on your fare type. You may be charged a fee to make changes, and the amount of the price will vary on the fare and the time.
- Changes are allowed from 24 hours of reservation to up to 24 hours before departure.
- You can't make any changes through airlines if the ticket is booked through a third party.
- If, in any case, the new flight price is high and you want to change, it is necessary to pay the remaining fare difference.
- If you are making changes to a group booking, the change fees will apply to each passenger in the group.
- Also, as per the British Airways Flight Change Policy, confirming changes through the website won't take any fee from you while changing the ticket through call or at the airport; it is a must to pay the fees when changing a flight via call will take USD 25 while change flight through the airport will take USD 30.
- If you change a booking with multiple flights, the change fees will apply to each flight.
- If you change a booking that includes a hotel or car rental, the change fees may vary depending on the provider.
How to change the British Airways flight?
According to the British Airways Flight Change Policy, there are two main methods to change a British Airways flight, which you will learn by following the article.
Method 1: Online
- Go to the British Airways website.
- You can find your booking reference on your ticket or e-ticket itinerary receipt. The booking reference is a six-character code that starts with BA.
- Click on "Manage my booking" to reach the booking page.
- You must select the flight you want to change to change your flight's date, time, or destination.
- Click "Change flight," and you will get a list of available flights.
- You must select the new flight you want to take and ensure that you check the baggage allowance for the new flight.
- Click on "Review and confirm" and continue to the payment page to pay the change fees to the airlines.
- Afterward, tap "Confirm change" and get the confirmation on your registered device.
Method 2: By phone
- Call British Airways customer service at 1 (800) 247-9297 or +1-802-341-3409.
- Tell the representative that you want to change your flight. They will ask you for your booking reference and last name.
- Provide the representative with the details of your change; they will check the availability of flights and let you know if there is a change fee.
- Afterward, confirm your changes. Therefore, the representative will make the changes to your booking, and you will be charged a change fee if applicable.
How much does British Airways charge to change the flight?
As per the British Airways Flight Change Policy, the airline will charge for making changes through the call and airport while changing itinerary through website, it won't take any fee from their travelers.