What Is British Airways Name Change Policy?
If you have a booking with British Airways and wish to modify the name on the ticket, the airline allows you to do so without any hassle. British Airways is one of the known names in the aviation industry, with flexible policies and services.
As per the British Airways Name Change Policy, any passenger who books their flight directly from the British Airways website, call center, or airport can make a correction in the name after booking. However, remember that a complete name change is not possible. This article below includes all the details about the name change process, policy, and change fee with British Airways; you can read it till the end to upgrade yourself.
British Airways name Change Policy - Highlights
- British Airways allows you to change the name to three characters or letters in case of any typing error.
- As per British Airways Name Change policy, if you want to change the name due to marriage or divorce, contact the British Airways team directly, and they will make changes for a fee. Ensure you have all the legal documents to support your change.
- If you want to change the name completely, it is not allowed. In that case, you must cancel the ticket and book a new one.
- The name change policies apply to the ticket you purchased directly from British Airways, not to third-party bookings.
- The name on your ticket should match the name on the password; otherwise, you will be denied boarding the flight.
British Airways Name change fee
British Airways allows you to change the name on the ticket by paying a fee. The British Airways Name Change fee generally varies from $ 60 to $100 based on the reason for the name change. You can speak to the British Airways team directly for the exact name change fee.
How to change name on British Airways?
You can change your name with British Airways by using the official website and talking to the representative. Here is the detailed procedure listed; take a look.
Change name over the phone
- Head to the British Airways official site and log in
- Otherwise, visit the manage booking section to retrieve the booking
- Entre booking confirmation code and surname, search your flight
- From the booking dashboard, choose the ticket you want to modify
- Proceed with the modification option and modify your name
- You can confirm all the details and save the changes
- On the payment page, clear the name change fee or the fare difference if it applies.
- Follow the prompt, and you can complete the modification.
Contact Call Center: If you are uncomfortable with the online British Airways Name Change process. Contact the Call center directly by calling the British Airways phone number. However, additional administrative charges might apply when you modify the booking over the phone. You can provide your booking details and share the name change request. The British Airways agent will check everything and modify the name on your behalf.
Conclusion: As per British Airways Name Change policy, you can easily make changes to your name in case of an error by visiting the website or speaking to a representative. However, you must check out the name change policy before modifying it to avoid hassle and inconvenience.