Japan Airlines Name Change Policy
If you have booked a reservation with a misspelled name, you can edit the errors via the Japan Airline website, phone number, or at the Airport. To know whether you can change the name on the booked flight ticket, you should check the Japan Airlines name change policy, which is explained in the data below.
- Japan Airlines only permits their travelers to change their name after 24 hours of departure. If you need to edit the required changes, the passenger should go to the first cancel the booking and get the refund to book a new one.
- The Airline does permit a change in booked flight tickets only for a few fares.
- Passengers who have purchased the Flex, JAL CARD Flex, Business Flex, Specific Route Flex, and Shareholder's Flex can edit the necessary changes in the reservation.
- However, travelers' fare types, like Saver, Special Saver, Round Trip Saver, Sky Mate Fare and others, need more flexibility to edit the required changes.
- Suppose there is any fare difference when rebooking; you must settle the difference amount to confirm the booking.
- Passengers can change the name on the booked itinerary only up to three characters: first, middle and last name.
- You are not allowed to transfer the ticket to any other person.
- The travelers should ensure a similar name on the ticket as mentioned on the government ID proof or like a Passport or Driving License.
- A person can raise the name change request if it is changed after divorce or marriage.
- Travelers are not permitted to change their full name.
How do you change the name on the Japan Airline Flight ticket?
According to the Japan Airlines name change policy, Passengers can change their name on the Airline's official website, customer service phone number or at the Airport. Most people prefer the online method as it is more convenient than the other channels.
- Firstly, people should go to the Japan Airlines official website.
- Then browse the portal to find the Manage Booking tab available here.
- Kindly enter the Booking confirmation code or last name mentioned on the itinerary.
- The screen will show the complete itinerary details.
- You should click on the change or cancel tab available here.
- Passengers should edit the required changes.
- If there is any fare difference, then kindly settle it to get the new confirmation code.
How do you edit the errors on Japan Airlines tickets offline?
For a passenger who wants to update the necessary changes at the last minute, it is better to approach the executive via call. When the call gets connected, ask them to edit the required changes; then, the Airline will discuss the Japan Airlines name change policy to make the customer understand which terms and conditions will be applicable here. If there is any amount left, then proceed to pay it. You will get the new confirmation code on the valid email address.
Japan Airline Name Change Fee:
The Japan Airlines name change policy states that the passenger who wants to make changes to an existing booking. So they have to pay USD 100 - 400 to change the date, name, destination or route after 24 hours of the purchase plus the difference fare, if there is any.