Virgin Australia Name Change Policy
After making a reservation with Virgin Australia, you made some errors in updating the name on the Virgin flight. Therefore, you search for the reliable mode. Does Virgin Australia name change possible in the flight? So, yes, a name change on the Virgin Australia ticket is possible only when, if the airline permits this. Consequently, for this, you have to pay the fees, and surcharges may apply. The specific policy and process will depend on the fare type and when you make the change. It is a must to visit the Virgin Australia website for more information on their name change policy and how to change your booking, but this article will help you know about this; you must read the further content.
How do I change my name on the Virgin Australia flight?
You want to make all the possibilities to do a Virgin Australia name change after getting airline permission. Therefore, to change the name on a Virgin Australia ticket, you can manage your booking online or contact the Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre. You will get this info by tracking down the below content.
- To manage your booking online:
- Go to the Virgin Australia website and log in to your account.
- Click on Manage Your Booking.
- Enter your booking reference number and last name.
- Click on Change Booking.
- Click on Name Change.
- Enter the new name.
- Review the changes and click on Continue.
- Pay any applicable fees and surcharges.
- Click on Confirm to finalize the name change.
To contact the Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre:
- Call 1 (855) 253-8021 or +1-802-341-3409 if you are calling from within Australia.
- View contact numbers outside of Australia.
- Provide your booking reference number and last name to the agent.
- Request to change the name on the ticket.
- Pay any applicable fees and surcharges. And soon, you will receive its confirmation on your phone.
What are the Virgin Australia Name change fees and surcharges?
The name change fee and surcharge depend on the fare type and when you are going for the Virgin Australia name change. For domestic flights, the name change fee is $80 if the change is made within 14 days of the scheduled departure date. If the change is made more than 14 days before the scheduled departure date, you don't have to pay any fee, but the difference will apply.
For international flights, the name change fee is $150 if the change is made within 14 days of the scheduled departure date. If the change is made more than 14 days before the scheduled departure date, there is a $50 fee plus any fare difference.
Things to remember while changing the name at Virgin Australia
- Name changes are not permitted for corporate fares.
- Name changes are not permitted for tickets that have already been checked in.
- Also, Virgin Australia allows name change only if the reason is valid.
- Only three letters can be misplaced for free.
- You can’t transfer the ticket to someone.
- Name changes must be made before the scheduled departure date.
Hence, this article will readily help you know about Virgin Australia's name change process, fees, things, and more. Furthermore, if you need help while updating it, you can contact the live customer service person at 1 (855) 253-8021 or +1-802-341-3409.