Lufthansa Airlines Name Change
Lufthansa is considered one of the prominent commercial airline service providers in the world and the best in Western Europe. It is preferred by travelers worldwide to fly with due to its top-grade customer services and heartwarming hospitality. They also have a well-organized customer service team that walks the extra mile to resolve customer queries.
Suppose you have a booking with Lufthansa, and you have misspelled your Name while booking the flight, and now you need to make corrections to it. Lufthansa name change is easy as you can do it in several ways. But it will be helpful if you read their name change policy before doing so to see the rules applicable to your current situation.
What is the Lufthansa Airlines Name change policy?
You must read the Lufthansa Name Change policy mentioned below to get a clear idea so you can change your Name smoothly under any circumstances.
- According to the policy, passengers are allowed to change their Name at Lufthansa if they have booked it through their website/ mobile application, call centers, or booking offices.
- If you have booked your flight through a travel agency/ third party, you must contact the same for the name change.
- As per the policy, name corrections are allowed only once for two characters in the first, middle, and last Name.
- You are allowed to change your Last Name under certain legal conditions of the airline.
- You are allowed to correct only minor spelling mistakes by paying the appropriate charges.
- No fees are required if you change your name on the flight ticket within 24 hours of booking.
What is the process for changing the Name at Lufthansa?
There are several methods for Lufthansa name change, as you can do it online through their website, calling their customer service number, or even visiting their booking offices. The time to make corrections varies according to the chosen method. You can read the section below for detailed information.
Method 1: Online through the website
You can proceed to Lufthansa Name Change online to save time standing in a queue at their booking office. It is efficient as you can do it anywhere using your laptop or smartphone by replicating the steps described below.
- Open the website www.lufthansa.com
- Click the Manage Booking option under the My Booking section of the website.
- Now you can log in to your Lufthansa account using the credentials or enter your booking code and last name to search for the Booking details.
- Mark the flight in which you want to make corrections and click the Edit option.
- Fill in the correct Name and hit the save button to proceed to the payments page.
- Pay the appropriate charges online to complete the process.
- They will send you an endorsement email confirming the change.
Method 2: By calling a representative
If you have trust issues through online mode, then you can go for Lufthansa name change by calling their customer service representatives. You can find the phone number for your country/region on the Contact Us page of their website. Once you have got the number, follow the steps below.
- Dial the number and pick the language preferred to you for communication.
- You will now listen to the recorded voicemail instructions and follow them point by point to choose the 5th command to change the Name.
- They will forward your call to an executive who will answer shortly, share your booking details with them, and spell the correct Name.
- Make the required patent through IVR mode using your credit/debit card, and they will change your Name on the ticket.
- You will also receive an endorsement email from Lufthansa confirming the same.
Method 3: At the Ticket office
As a last resort, you can also move ahead to Lufthansa name change by visiting their Ticket Office at the nearest airport. You only need to carry your e-ticket and a government-issued id proof supporting the change. Please share it with the representative on the desk and pay the appropriate charges. They will change your Name instantly and send you the confirmation through an endorsement email.
What are the charges to change the Name at Lufthansa Airlines?
You can make Lufthansa Name change free of cost within 24 hours of booking and seven days before the travel date. However, if you are willing to change the Name on your flight ticket after 24 hours of booking, then you are required to pay a charge of approximately USD 200.
- Call: You can call the customer service number available on the Contact Us page of their website to speak to a representative.
- Live chat: Live chat is another possibility to get a quick and courteous reply to your issue by talking to a virtual assistant.
- Contact Form: Passengers can also fill out a dedicated contact form related to their issue on their website to get a reply within 24 hours of submitting.
- Social Media: If you are looking for an additional contact medium, you can utilize social media instruments like Facebook and Twitter to get through Lufthansa Airlines.
What are the customer service hours at Lufthansa?
Customer service is one of the basic pillars of an airline service provider. Lufthansa understands this and allows its passengers to connect with their customer service representatives 24/7 through live chat, email, and the Contact Form. However, if you want to communicate with a representative over call, they are available from Monday to Friday (Weekdays) between 7:30 AM and 8 PM. The calling services are not accessible on the weekends and public holidays.
What is the best time to call Lufthansa customer service?
You can contact the Lufthansa customer service team anytime between customer service hours. But, the best time to reach them is between 7:30 AM and 10 AM as the call volumes are lower at the given time. You will likely connect with a representative without waiting in a call queue.
Hence, the ways mentioned above can answer the question: Can you change the Name on a Lufthansa flight? If it doesn't, you can visit their official website to explore more options or call their customer service number for more help, as it is the primary mode of contact and the shortest way to reach them.