Air France Name Change Policy
If you are traveling with Air France and have made your ticket bookings. While making preparations for your trip, you notice some mistakes appearing on the flight tickets, such as the spelling of your name. To change the name, you need to go through the air france name change policy so that you will be well-enlightened about the things that will help you with the name change and make it convenient. However, with the name change policy, you also need to know all the procedures through which you can change the name.
What is the name change policy of Air France?
For a name change with Air France, you should be well informed about all the terms and conditions that will make things easy for you. Get through all the details and make sure that you have a comfortable journey.
- With the name change, any other modifications as well are free of charge within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
- According to the air france name change policy, you cannot change the full name because it can be considered a ticket transfer that the Airline does not permit.
- All the minor name changes, such as spelling mistakes, errors, and adding or removing a letter, can be made with Air France without any charges.
- While you are changing a name with Air France, you cannot get through any other modifications, such as the flight upgrade, seat selection, etc.
- You will be able to change the first three letters of the name without any cost but have to pay the changes for more changes.
- Some significant changes, such as the surname and date of birth, cannot be made, and you require permission from the Airline.
- If you want to change the surname because of divorce or marriage, then you should submit the related documents. The surname will be changed after the verification.
- The process takes time, so last-minute changes are not available, and the last that you can change the name is 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight.
- The name change charges depend on the class, destination, ticket type, the change you are making, and the time of the name change.
- Following the air france name change policy, you must have documents such as tickets, passport, Visa, government-issued identity card, marriage certificates, divorce papers, etc.
How to change a name with Air France online?
After looking at the air france name change policy, you can follow the below steps to change a name:
- Visit the official website of Air France.
- Click on My Booking, given at the top of the homepage.
- Log in to the account by adding the flying blue number and click on continue.
- Get to the Menu and then select name change from the given options.
- A form will appear, and you have to fill out all the details with corrections.
- Follow the instructions, upload the documents, and submit the form.
- Pay for the name change, and the procedure will be completed.
Is the Air France name change possible over the phone?
You can contact the customer representatives of Air France by dialing 1 (800) 237-2747,or +1-802-341-3409 the customer service phone number. You have to provide the ticket details and the changes you want so that they can change the name.