Icelandair Seat selection Policy
Yes, customers can select a seat of their choice by using Icelandair seat selection. Changing a seat to a more comfortable one is just a matter of choice for the passengers of Icelandair. When you book your flight ticket on Icelandair, you will be asked to choose your seat. Suppose you haven't selected your seat at the time of making the reservation. The system will automatically allot you the seat. However, an option to change your seat for your Icelandair has also been provided to you in many ways.
Rules and guidelines of seat selection on Icelandair
The passengers on Icelandair can easily make modifications to their seats. Knowing about the rules regarding the Icelandair seat selection can be helpful to you and might save you from paying for the extra amount from your pocket. Here are some of the rules that you must learn before selecting your seat on Iceland Air.
- Choosing the seat of your choice option is available for all the fare types, but the passenger of Economy Standard may have to pay the charges for that.
- The seat selection option is not included in the Economy light fare tickets; they get the seat for free at the time of booking, but if they want to select the seat anywhere in the cabin, then they have to pay for it.
- The price of the seat varies depending on factors like route, date, fare type, and others.
- In case you book your flight but have not selected the seat, you will be assigned at the time of check-in, and if you have paid for the flight, then your seat will be assured on board.
- Journeys involving multiple flights are allowed to allocate your seat at the airport.
- Changing a seat to an upper class or cabin might charge you a fare difference.
- If your seat selection demands a fare difference, then you have to pay it, but the seat selection fee is optional. It can only be imposed on you if your ticket doesn't include any seat selection option or you are changing your seat after a 24-hour risk-free period.
Where to buy more legroom seats on Icelandair?
Icelandair allows its passengers to buy seats with more legroom. For Icelandair seat selection with more legroom, here are the options from where you can easily buy it.
- At the time of booking process.
- Contacting the Icelandair customer service department.
- Through online check-in for your flight.
- From the airport ticket or check-in counter.
- On board using credit card or saga points.
How do I select seats on Icelandair?
There are methods to choose your preferred seat on the airline; customers need to either contact customer service or do it by themselves online. Here are the best ways to select your seat. Visit icelandair.com and choose to manage booking. Enter the credentials and search for your flight. You will see the seat map. Use it to select your seat of preference and confirm it. Pay the fee, and your Icelandair seat selection process will be completed.