Does Avianca Airline Charge for Baggage
After purchasing your flight ticket, the next thing that passengers have to ensure is to have no problems when they onboard their flight. To all the procedures and security checks go smoothly without any issues or making hurdles in their journey. Therefore, they should know Does Avianca Airline charge for baggage and the policy that Avianca has for luggage so that the passengers can pack their bags accordingly and ignore the issues that can ruin their journey. Further, we will discuss all the information related to the Baggage Policy and check-in procedures at Avianca.
The Baggage Policy of Avianca:
There are several terms and conditions that are included in the Baggage Policy of Avianca about which you should be aware. Go through all the points listed below and enlighten yourself:
- The passengers can carry one carry-on luggage and one personal item on Avianca flights.
- The carry-on luggage must be at the most weight of 10 kg.
- As a personal item, you can carry a camera, books, binoculars, photo equipment, laptop, purse, blanket, walking cane, baby-cot, or wheelchair/crutches/.
- Passengers in business class can bring two bags of 32 kg and total dimensions of 158 cm.
- For Economy class, passengers can carry one piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 23 kg, and for the size, the total dimensions (Length, width, height) should not be more than 158 cm.
- Any International Flight to or from the USA, Canada, and Mexico will be charged a fee. The baggage weight between 23 kg to 32 kg will be considered overweight. These bags will be charged $50 for each bag, and if the weight is between 32 kg to 45 kg, then the passengers must pay $100.
- All the bags should be in excellent condition, broken, irregularly shaped, poorly wrapped or tied with ropes and wires, or disfigured luggage will not be accepted during the Avianca Airlines check-in.
- Make sure that you carry carry-on luggage and personal items following the dimensions. They must fit into the overhead cabin and space under your seat.
- The baggage fee also depends on the extra baggage, class, and destination.
- Passengers cannot bring prohibited items on the flight, such as syringes, needles, knives, scissors, etc. If they are getting it for a medical reason, then it is mandatory to inform the Airline beforehand.
How to check your baggage in
- Airport: Get to the airport help desk, and provide your information, with documents such as a ticket, passport, and government-issued photo identity. Pay for your bags and they will provide a boarding pass, or you can dial 1 (800) 284-2622 or 1-802-341-3409, the avianca airlines phone number, for any help.
- Online: It is easy to check-in online, but ensure you do it at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure. Follow the below steps to check-in online:
- Visit the official website of Avianca Airlines.
- Click on the “Online check-in” option at the top.
- Fill out your reservation code and last name and click on search.
- Follow the given instructions and complete the procedure.
- Click on Add bags and pay for the baggage if applicable.
- Passengers will receive the boarding pass at their registered email address.
The above information will enlighten you about the baggage rules and regulations you must follow before you catch the flight. For more queries, go to the official website of Avianca Airlines.