Is it free to change flights on Southwest?
Yes, of course, Southwest Airlines or any other airline you travel with always allows customers to change the itinerary, which is always charge-free, as Southwest Airlines or any airline understands that a change of plans could be sudden. But, you should note one fundamental point: the cost you incurred for a fare difference with your new ticket selection. Therefore, customers sometimes need clarification with Does Southwest allow free flight changes? Then in that particular situation, if you want to change a flight ticket at Southwest, Airlines, then you have to use the online steps, but before that, you should go by the flight change policies, which are termed in the below points, and you get assisted quite conveniently.
Southwest Airlines Flight Change Policies:
- If you have booked a Southwest Airlines ticket on the same ticket departure and have to make certain modifications, you won't have to pay any extra cost.
- Further, if you want to change your ticket within 24 hours of booking, then no extra charge applies to your ticket.
- You must pay the ticket fare difference if you want to change the itinerary.
- Lastly, if you have used your ticket partially, then the remaining portion of the ticket is allowed to change as per the Southwest Airlines free change policy,
Therefore, these are some of the major pointers you must read, and then accordingly, you can change your flight tickets on Southwest Airlines. However, to learn the procedure for Southwest flight change, you are allowed to use the online and offline methods explained below for your help, and you then accordingly get assisted.
Method: 1 Change Southwest Airlines ticket online:
- You will have first to visit the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- After that, log in to your account.
- Then click on the change/cancel tab from the top page.
- To retrieve your booking, mention the confirmation code along with the traveler's last name.
- Next, click on the Change flight tab and choose the fields to edit, for example, date, class, time, and destination.
- Now, hit the search button to retrieve your booking per the changes.
- After you select the flight ticket, tap over the confirm button.
- In the end, pay the difference, if any, and you will be sent the confirmation email on your registered id.
Method: 2 Change Southwest ticket offline: Secondly, if you want to make changes with the help of connecting with a live representative, then you are supposed to use the official contact number for Southwest Airlines because this option is quite brilliant. Call on Southwest Airlines customer service help desk by using the contact number 1-800-435-9792 or + 1-802-341-3409; after this option, you are suggested to follow call voicemail instructions and press the option to connect the call and retrieve assistance from the agent. In addition, you must remember one basic point of call and that this option is available 24/7 and you will get assisted quite smoothly and wisely direct from the concerned assistant.
Hence, the above-mentioned ways are beneficial for connecting with Southwest Airlines flight change procedures. If you need further help, you can visit the airport help desk and retrieve assistance directly from the available agent.