How Do I Change My Name On EgyptAir Ticket?
Can I make a Name Correction on the Egypt Airlines?
Yes, you can easily make name corrections on Egypt Airlines if the airline allows you according to the policy. However, the Egypt Air Name Correction Policy states that passengers make name changes to their flight tickets within 24 hours of booking or up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure time, whichever comes first. The airline also allows passengers to make name changes for a fee of USD 25 or equivalent in local currency.
What is Egypt Air's Name Correction Policy?
Whenever a traveler may go to correct the name from the Egypt Air ticket after making any mistakes, make sure they have sufficient knowledge of the Egypt Air Name Correction Policy, which is stated below under this content, and readily get through it.
- The name change must be made within 24 hours of booking or up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure time, whichever comes first.
- Name change is eligible when the airlines allow you to make it.
- The name change must be for the same passenger.
- Only three letters are allowed to change,
- The new name must be spelled correctly.
- You can't transfer the ticket to anyone.
- Free name change is allowed only when you are divorced or married; it is accessible to change the name from the Egypt Air ticket.
- The passenger must provide the original ticket number and the new name.
- The passenger must pay a fee of USD 25 or equivalent in local currency unless the name change is for medical reasons or for attending the funeral of a close family member.
- The fee is waived for passengers who are traveling with Egypt Air for medical reasons or who are attending the funeral of a close family member.
How do you correct the name on the Egypt Air ticket?
For correcting the name on the Egypt Air ticket, there are two methods, which you can do through the website or offline, according to the Egypt Air Name Correction Policy. Therefore, to make a name change to an Egypt Air flight ticket, one must get through the below-mentioned ways that are:
Method 1: name correct through online
- Go to the EgyptAir website and click on "My Bookings."
- Enter your booking reference and last name.
- Click on the "Change flight" button.
- Select the "Change passenger name" option.
- Enter the new passenger's name.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- Further, you will get its confirmation on your registered email.
Method 2: name correct by phone
- Call the EgyptAir call center at 1717 (from a mobile phone) or 090070000 (from a landline within Egypt).
- Provide the agent with your booking reference and last name.
- Request to change the passenger name.
- Provide the new passenger's name.
- The agent will process the change, and you will receive a confirmation email.
How much does it cost to name change on the Egypt Air?
According to the Egypt Air Name Correction Policy, the airlines allow minor changes in the name for free, but for extensive change, you have to pay the appropriate fare to them. Also, online name change is available at free if its allowed by the airlines.