Can I Change the Name on my Etihad Ticket?
There is the possibility that after the reservation of the tickets, you might notice some problems with your name. For that, you have to change the name at the Etihad Airways ticket. Changing a name would not be that easy as you have to get through the Etihad Airways Name Change Policy, procedures, cost, etc. You must have all the knowledge that is linked to changing the name on Etihad. We will discuss all these details carefully so that it will become easy for you to change the name on your ticket.
What is the Name Change Policy of Etihad Airways?
If you notice some mistakes in your name mentioned on the ticket, then you should know all the terms and conditions of the name change policy. We have discussed the Etihad Airways Name Change Policy below in detail so that things can be convenient for you:
- If you want to avoid paying the name change charges, then you should change the name within 24 hours of booking.
- Adding or removing a letter from the name will not cost you anything as they have been considered minor changes.
- You do not have to pay any cost for changing the first three letters of the name given on the ticket.
- If you are trying to change the full name on Etihad Airways, then it is not permitted.
- Changing the full name can be counted as transferring the ticket, which is not allowed.
- If you are changing your surname after getting married or divorced, then you have to submit the required documents and have to pay the charges.
- Some changes are not permitted without the cost, such as the surname, date of birth, gender, adding or removing the middle name, etc.
- Making minor changes, such as spelling mistakes, missing words, etc., will be completely free of cost.
- Lastly, the Airline can allow a name change 3 hours before the scheduled flight.
- The last-minute modification can create problems as the process takes time so the Airline might deny the change.
- According to the Etihad Airways Name Change Policy, you have to submit some documents for a name change, such as the ticket, passport, VISA, government-issued identification, married certificates, divorce paper, etc.
How can I Change my Name on Etihad Airways?
The name can be changed in various ways on the Etihad Airways ticket. You can dial 1 (877) 690-0767 or +1-802-341-3409 to connect with the executives. Provide them with all the ticket details so that they can make the required changes. According to the Etihad Airways Name Change Policy, it can be done online as well:
- Visit the official website of Etihad Airways.
- Click on the Manage option given on the homepage.
- Add the booking reference/ticket number with the last name and click on find my booking.
- Click on the Menu option given at the top right of the page.
- Select Name Change from the given options.
- The form will be open, and you have to fill out all the details that are required.
- Submit the form, and after the verification, the Airline will change your name and send you the tickets via email.