Singapore Airlines Name Change Policy
When you are traveling with Singapore Airlines and after booking the flights, you have noticed that there are some mistakes in your name that are mentioned on the tickets. However, for that, you need to be well-enlightened about the mediums that Airline offers for the name change. Furthermore, the Singapore Airlines Name Change policy is there to help you during the name change. We are going to discuss everything that will make things easy for you, and eventually, the journey will become pleasurable and convenient.
What is the name change policy of Singapore Airlines?
We have mentioned all the essential points, rules, and regulations that will enlighten you on the name change policy of the Airline and make it easy for you to make the required changes:
- If you do not want to pay the name change charges with the Airline, then you should make the changes within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
- All the minor changes to the name, such as spelling mistakes, adding or removing an alphabet, etc.
- During the name change process, you cannot change the full name of the passenger as it will be considered as transferring the tickets, which is not permissible.
- While making corrections to the name, you cannot get through other procedures such as seat selection, flight upgrade, ticket change, etc.
- You will not be charged for changing the first three letters of the name. After that, you have to pay a fee.
- The surname can be changed or removed by the passengers if they have recently got married or divorced or under any other circumstances.
- For the above-mentioned reasons, you need to submit the required documents, and the surname will be changed only after the verification.
- The Singapore Airlines Name Change, where you have to pay a particular cost, includes the date of birth, surname, middle name, gender, etc.
- Some changes, such as date of birth and gender, are not easily permitted changes, but you can change them after complete verification and permission from the Airline.
- You must change the name at least 3 hours before the scheduled flight. That is the last deadline for the same.
- You are required to submit your passport, ticket, VISA (if applicable), government-issued identity card, etc.
- The charges for the name change depend on the class, destination, time of change, and, mainly, the changes you are making.
How to change a name on Singapore Airlines tickets?
To get through the Singapore Airlines Name Change online, follow a simple process that has been mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Singapore Airlines.
- Click on Manage Booking given on the homepage.
- Add the last name of the passenger with the booking reference and open the ticket.
- Navigate to the Menu to pick Name Change from the options.
- Fill out the form for the name change and follow the instructions.
- Pay the charges, and the Airline will send you a new ticket with changes.
Can Singapore Airlines' name change be done on the phone?
You need to dial +65 9184 8888 or +1-802-341-3409 and talk to the executives about the Singapore Airlines Name Change; first, provide them with all the ticket details and then inform them about the changes you need. After the name change, they will send the tickets via email.