Can I book a wheelchair seat on Emirates?
When you are traveling with your family, and it has your grandparents also need to help during your flight journey because they have difficulties walking and getting through other flight formalities. However, for that, you can get wheelchair assistance for your grandparents. There are various ways to get this assistance, and you need to be well enlightened about each way, as only then can you make the journey comfortable and pleasurable for the grandparents and yourself as well. You can choose any one contact method and get the wheelchair for yourself.
How to request wheelchair assistance with Emirates on call?
The best and easiest way to get wheelchair assistance is by calling the customer executives. You are just required to provide the executives with all the details, such as your booking reference and last name, so that they can book an advance on your reservation. The following process will help you talk to Emirates on the phone:
- Dial +18007773999 or +1-802-341-3409, the customer service phone number of the Airline.
- Get through the IVR appearing on the phone.
- Listen to it carefully, as the different issues will be assigned on other keys.
- You have to press the key related to the wheelchair assistant.
- The call will be forwarded, and the assistant will start talking to you.
- Ask for the wheelchair booking and provide ticket details so that they can submit your request.
- You will receive a confirmation on your registered contact number after the process is complete.
Can I request wheelchair assistance with Emirates online?
Another convenient way to get wheelchair assistance is by requesting through Manage Booking. After the Booking, it lets you handle your reservations, and you can make all the changes that are required. You just have to follow the procedure that has been given below:
- Visit the official website of Emirates.
- Then click on the Manage Booking available on the homepage.
- You must fill out the ticket details, such as the last name and the booking reference number.
- Click on Manage Booking to open the ticket.
- Navigate to the Menu and click on My Bookings.
- Select Services and add the wheelchair assistance.
- Further, you have to make payment for the assistance, and the Booking will be done.
Does Emirates charge for the Wheelchair Assistance?
If you are getting a standard wheelchair with assistance, then you do not have to pay the charges as it will be free of cost. But for the automatic wheelchair, you have to pay Emirates Wheelchair Assistance Charges that range from $7 to $15.
What are the points to remember for Emirates wheelchair assistance?
Some of the important points concerning wheelchair assistance have been mentioned below:
- You should have all the details that will required to book the wheelchair assistance.
- You can access wheelchair assistance if you are traveling with someone physically/visually impaired, senior citizens, pregnant women, kids, etc.
- If you are bringing your wheelchair assistance, then make sure that it gets fit in the space after you have boarded the flight.
- You have to inform the Airline beforehand about the wheelchair you are carrying.
- Wheelchair assistance can be requested 72 hours before the scheduled flight.
- If the reason for getting wheelchair assistance is related to your health, then you have to submit the medical certificates.