How do I request compensation from JetBlue Airways
When there is an unexpected delay in your scheduled flight departure, you don’t know what to do next to get yourself out of it. Well, there will be some relaxation if you are traveling with JetBlue. The passengers can get the JetBlue Airways flight delay compensation way too easily if they know the rules and regulations mentioned and the process to do the same. So, let’s take one step at a time and start with the terms and conditions to be known before proceeding with the compensation request.
Jetblue flight delay compensation policy
- If there is a delay of more than three hours in the scheduled flight departure of the airline, then the passengers will be eligible to get a refund of $70 per person.
- The amount of compensation doesn’t depend upon the route you booked your flight to travel but the arrival time.
- If the cancellation is reasoned to be made due to any technical issue, then the airline will try to cancel at least 4 hours before the scheduled departure. If not, then the passengers will be eligible to get the compensation.
- In some situations, the airline issues a fee waiver, where the passengers can make the cancellation or change their flight ticket without paying the additional charges.
- The passengers can also ask for weather delay compensation in case of cancellation or delay because of a weather issue.
- The passengers can make a call, a text, or get free accommodation from the airline.
- If the passengers didn’t get the seat they had booked at the time of reservation or check-in, they could use the excess of the lounge as compensation.
- The passengers will get up to $100 as delay compensation if there is a delay of more than four hours.
How do I claim my JetBlue compensation
The passengers can ask for compensation by connecting with the representative of JetBlue over a phone call, or they can also fill out the complaint form.
- Enter all the necessary details, your name, address, phone number, email, the reason for claiming compensation, and a brief explanation.
- Fill in all the sections marked as (*), and submit the form once all the details are complete.
- Once the firm is filled and complete, submit it and get the amount of the claim within 5-7 business days.
To make a request for JetBlue delay compensation, you are required to follow the auto-generated call menu, and you’ll be good to go, as the executive will do half of the work for you. All you need to do is provide them with the necessary details.