Transavia Airlines: Check-in Policy
Check-in is the process of confirming your presence for a flight and obtaining your boarding pass, which allows you to board the aircraft. The check-in process may vary depending on the airline. You can check in 30 hours to 30 minutes before your scheduled flight departure. Here are some common methods of check-in:
The check-in methods that can be used
Most airlines, including Transavia, offer online check-in, which allows you to check in for your Transavia flight via the airline's website. Online check-in is typically available 24 to 48 hours before your flight departure.
- Go to the official page of Transavia.
- Click on the web check-in option.
- Enter the details such as PNR number and other details that are required.
- Select the seats.
- Once you complete the online check-in process, you can download your boarding pass on your device.
Airport check-in counter:
If you cannot check in online or prefer to check-in in person, you can do so at the airport check-in counter of Transavia. Airport check-in counters are typically located in the departure hall of the airport and are usually open several hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
- At the check-in counter, you will need to present your passport, booking reference or e-ticket number, and any other relevant travel documents.
- The airline staff will then check you in and issue your boarding pass.
Self-service kiosk check-in:
Many airports have self-service kiosks where you can check in for your flight. These kiosks are usually located in the departure hall and are equipped with touch screens that guide you through the check-in process.
- To use a self-service kiosk, you will need to enter your booking reference or e-ticket number and passport information.
- Once you complete the process, the kiosk will print your boarding pass.
It's recommended to review the check-in policies of Transavia on their official website or contact their customer service and the needed help.