How Long Does it Take to Get a Refund from Singapore Airlines
There can be instances when passengers cancel their flight and look for a refund from the airline. There is a question which is raised by passengers, “How long does it take to get a refund from Singapore Airlines,” so for better understanding, you are advised to go through the discussion by which you will understand when they can provide a refund, the process to apply, and how can you get in touch with them in case of delay.
When is it expected to get a refund
The airline understands its responsibility and role in the case of delivering the services, and initiation of a refund is also one of them. Suppose you applied for a refund, and now you have a question about when exactly the airline will initiate a refund; have a look:
- Upon receiving a refund request, initiating a refund might take 7 business days. And this implies to the ones who purchased their flight tickets through credit cards.
- It will take 20 business days for the ones who bought tickets through cash or check.
In case of delay, what can you do?
A passenger can get a Singapore Airlines customer service facility in case of refund delays or for resolutions to different queries. There are multiple ways by which you can get all the updates:
Ask through a live chat.
For all your queries related to refunds, you can inquire through a live chat and raise your questions with respect to other queries. Please follow the step mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the airline.
- Secondly, you have to tap on the Help option under the section Help.
- There you will find the chat icon, tap and ask your doubts.
Make a call.
You are permitted to reach out to them through a call on Singapore airlines phone number 1-802-341-3409, and an executive will be assigned to provide you with resolutions. And ensure you select the correct IVR to get a live person.
Under what circumstances can you request a refund
You can request and get a refund from the airline for different reasons, but one has to ensure to provide an authentic reason to the airline. Below are some of them:
- Missed a flight– Suppose you missed your flight due to illness, poor weather, etc., you can request the executive to get a refund, and you may get it.
- Delayed flight– You can also request a refund in case of a missed flight, and the airline may provide a refund.