Are Aer Lingus Strict on Baggage?
Travelers who have booked flight tickets with Aer Lingus must consider the baggage allowance before packing the bags. Do you have an upcoming flight and are thinking about how many bags can I check on Aer Lingus? You need to read the baggage policies, which will help you determine how many bags you can carry as per your fare type.
Baggage Policy of Aer Lingus?
Aer Lingus has categorized the baggage allowance for travelers, including carry-on, checked, and special baggage. You need to consider all these policies to determine what you can carry on the plane.
Carry-On Baggage Allowance
The carry-on baggage is which you could carry with you on the Aer Lingus plane. The carry-on baggage allowance is as follows:
- A person is allowed to carry a personal item and carry-on luggage on the flight.
- The personal item should be in the dimensions of 25*33*20 cm.
- The personal item should be kept on the over headbin or under the front seat on the flight.
- The weight of the carry-on luggage per passenger is 10 kg. The Passengers who have priority booking with Aer Lingus can carry baggage of a maximum weight of 10 kg.
- The maximum dimension of carry-on luggage is 48*33*20 cm.
- The maximum dimension of baggage for priority boarding travelers is 55*40*24 cm.
Checked Baggage Allowance
The checked baggage allowance for the short haul flights at Aer Lingus is as follows:
- Low fare: No checked baggage is allowed. The traveler can pay for the baggage if they need to carry one.
- Plus Fare: 1 checked bag is allowed per passenger.
- Flex Fare: 2 checked bags are allowed per passenger free of cost.
- A person can carry baggage of a maximum weight of 20 kg.
- The maximum dimension of the checked baggage is 158cm.
The checked baggage allowance for the long haul flights at Aer Lingus is as follows:
- 1 checked baggage is allowed per passenger free of cost.
- The maximum weight of the baggage is up to 23 kg.
- The maximum dimension of the baggage is 158 cm.
- A passenger is allowed to take 2 checked baggage.
- The weight of a single bag must not exceed 23 kg.
- The size of the first checked bag must be within 158 cm.
- The size of the subsequent bag should not exceed 140 cm.
- A business class passenger is allowed to take 3 checked baggage on Aer Lingus.
- Each bag should not exceed 23 kg of weight.
- The size of the first checked bag is allowed up to 158 cm.
- The size of the second and third checked baggage can be up to 140 cm.
Special Baggage Allowance
- Musical instruments can be categorized as carry-on baggage if it fits into the weight and dimensions of the carry-on luggage.
- Sports equipment also falls into the category of special items at Aer Lingus.
- There are separate charges to carry some special items on the plane.
- A traveler carrying medical equipment will be considered as special baggage and will be carried free of charge.
So, above the baggage allowance, you need to know before packing for your flight. If you require additional information, then you can use the Aer Lingus Phone Number 1 (800) 474-7424 or 1-802-341-3409 and talk with an official. A live person can explain the policy in detail and help you out with your query.