How many bags does Delta allow for free?
After you purchase your flight tickets at Delta Airlines, and get just one week to prepare for your journey. The biggest concern in the whole check-in procedure is the baggage, which is why it is important that the passengers should know the baggage policy of Delta Airlines so that they can pack their bags accordingly and get through the check–in easily. If you are wondering How many checked bags are free on Delta? Then the answer is 2, and we will discuss the luggage details further in this read so you do not face any inconveniences related to the luggage.
The Baggage Policy of Delta Airlines: all the important points, terms, and conditions of the policy of the Airline are listed below. Go through them and enlighten yourself about the same so you do not face difficulties while packing your bags or at check-in:
- All the checked bags must weigh a maximum of 23 kg and not more than that with the size of 62 inches, which is 157 centimeters (length + width + height).
- By following the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the carry-on luggage must not exceed the size limit 22" x 14" x 9" set by them.
- The passengers traveling in business class can bring two bags of 32 kg and total dimensions of 158 cm.
- The carry-on bags must not cross the weight limit of 10 kg set by the Airline.
- The carry-on bags must be under the size and weight instructions that have been advised by the Airline, or they will not fit under your seat space or the overhead cabin.
- With the carry-on luggage, one item will be free to carry, which will remain with you on the flight.
- The one item that you can bring with the carry-on luggage includes books, backpack, hand purse, laptop, guitar (or any small musical instrument), binoculars, walking cane, camera, baby cot, etc.
- All the bags need to be in excellent condition; any disfigured, damaged, poorly wrapped or tied, or irregular-shaped bags will not be accepted at the check-in help desk of Delta Airlines.
- The baggage fee depends on the extra baggage, class, location, and what you carry with you.
- Some items are prohibited from bringing at the Airline, such as needles, syringes, knives, scissors, etc., and if you are carrying them because of some medical reason, then do not forget to take permission from the Airline beforehand.
Can I check in the baggage online at Delta Airlines?
Yes, Delta Airlines allows you to check-in online, but that should happen at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled flight. The downloaded boarding pass will be received from the Airline without any issues. You just have to get through the below-mentioned procedure to check in online, and if you still get queries, you can ask them by dialing 1 (800) 221-1212 or +1-802-341-3409 delta airlines phone number and get solutions for the same:
- Visit the official website of Delta Airlines.
- Then click on the check-in option at the top and fill in the confirmation number, first, and the last name.
- Your flight details will be open, then follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Click on add bags and pay for your luggage. You will be provided a boarding pass.
- You can print it or show it at the Airport on your phone.