How much Liquor can I Carry to Vietnam Airlines
If you are planning a trip to Vietnam and want to bring your favourite liquor, it is essential to understand the regulations surrounding liquor import into the country. Specifically, you may wonder how much liquor can I carry to Vietnam Airlines. In this article, we will explore the rules and regulations set by Vietnam Airlines regarding the amount of liquor you can bring on board and go through it to ensure the process is pretty straightforward.
Vietnam Airlines Liquor Policy / Rules and Regulations
- According to Vietnamese government regulations, travellers can bring up to 1.5 litres of liquor or wine without incurring duty fees. This limit applies to both Vietnamese residents and foreign visitors, so everyone must adhere to the same rule.
- If you exceed this limit, you will be required to pay customs fees for the excess amount.
- It is important to note that the 1.5-liter limit is per person, not per family or group. Therefore, everyone must adhere to the limit if they are travelling with others. If you are unsure about the amount of liquor you can bring, it is best to err on the side of caution and stay within the limit to avoid customs fees.
- In addition to the limit on the amount of liquor you can bring, there are restrictions on the types of liquor allowed in Vietnam. Specifically, importing any type of liquor deemed harmful to public health or safety is prohibited. This includes counterfeit, contaminated, or unregistered liquor.
- If you do need to declare the liquor you are carrying, the process is relatively straightforward. You must fill out a declaration form and present it to the customs officer along with your passport and other relevant documents. The officer will then verify the amount of liquor you are carrying and may ask you a few questions about the type and purpose of the liquor.
- The regulations on liquor may vary depending on the country you are departing from. So you must check with your airline or the relevant authorities before travelling to ensure you are complying with all applicable regulations.
- If you are travelling with liquor, you purchased at a duty-free store, there are additional regulations to be aware of. Specifically, the liquor must be in a sealed, tamper-evident bag with the receipt visible.
- If you plan to transfer flights during your journey, you must ensure the bag remains sealed until your final destination.
- Also, as the regulations and rules keep updating from time to time, you must visit the website or speak to the Vietnam team directly for the most up-to-date information.
Summary: Vietnam Airlines allows passengers to bring in up to 1.5 litres of liquor or wine without incurring customs fees. You must adhere to this limit to avoid paying additional fees. Additionally, there are restrictions on the types of liquor that can be imported into Vietnam, so be sure to check with the relevant authorities before travelling. By staying informed and complying with regulations, you can enjoy a hassle-free trip to Vietnam with your favourite liquor. For additional information or any doubt, call on Vietnam Airlines phone number and speak to the agent directly.