Virgin Australia Baggage Policy
Virgin Australia is a premium provider of commercial airline services in Australia. They are popularly known for delivering award-winning services to passengers, including baggage allowance. Suppose you are a new passenger with them and have no idea about the Virgin Australia Baggage Policy. In that case, you must know that there are three types of baggage allowed, namely carry-on, checked, and excess baggage, and all three have different allowances depending on the type of ticket, travel route, and class. You can read the segment below to learn more about the baggage policy and other essentials.
The carry-on allowance at Virgin Australia:
Passengers can quickly learn about the Virgin Australia baggage policy for carry-on luggage by going through the points brought up below.
- You are allowed to carry one personal item and one small bag as a carry-on allowance. The Personal items include a laptop, handbag, pocketbook, overcoat, wrap/blanket, umbrella, walking stick, etc.
- The maximum dimensions for the small bag should not be more than 23 cm x 34 cm x 48 cm ( 105 linear cm)
- Your item should not exceed 11 cm x 60 cm x 114 cm in dimensions.
- Maximum combined weight for the carry-on bag should be at most 7 kg/ 15 pounds.
Checked baggage allowance at Virgin Australia:
If you want to know about the Virgin Australia baggage policy related to checked luggage, then you must read the points mentioned below for your convenience.
- You are not allowed to carry a checked bag if you are traveling with a Lite fare at Virgin Australia.
- Passengers traveling with Virgin Australia Choice, Flex, and Reward fares are permitted to carry one checked bag not weighing more than 23 kg.
- In case you are a Virgin Australia Business class traveler, then you can carry two bags, each weighing less than or equal to 32 kg.
- The maximum dimension of the bag should not be more than 140 linear cm ( length + height + width )
- Infants and children are allowed to carry Special items as checked baggage without paying any charges. If you are traveling with an Infant in any class except Economy Lite fare, you can check in a 23 kg bag as your special item baggage allowance.
Excess and Oversized bag at Virgin Australia:
There is also a different Virgin Australia baggage policy for Excess and oversized baggage. If you are facing any difficulties with this, go by the section below.
- Virgin Australia passengers are permitted to check in oversized baggage in case the weight of each item does not exceed 32 kg, and if it weighs more than 32 kg, then you must ship it as cargo.
- Wheelchairs and mobility devices for personal use are free of charge to carry.
- You are also eligible to carry one car seat or Booster seat per child traveling without paying any charges.
- If you are traveling in an Economy class at Virgin Australia with a little extra weight, the excess baggage fee will apply at the airport to any piece of bag over 23 kg up to 32 kg.
- An Overweight baggage fee of USD 60 will be applicable to each piece of baggage weighing more than 23 kg if you are traveling to a domestic destination and USD 90 for Japan.
- You are required to pay a charge of USD 70 for other International short-haul flights.