How much usd can i Carry to Vietnam Airlines
Vietnam Airlines is Vietnam's national flag carrier airline headquartered in Hanoi. The airline operates flights to more than 52 destinations across Asia, Europe, and Oceania. As an international airline, Vietnam Airlines adheres to the regulations set by the Vietnamese government regarding the amount of foreign currency that travellers can bring with them.
If you wonder how much USD can I carry to Vietnam Airlines? It is around $5000, or its equivalent. In this article, we'll discuss further rules and regulations regarding the amount of USD you can bring to Vietnam Airlines; check this out to stay updated.
Rules & Regulations about how much USD you can carry to Vietnam Airlines
- According to the Vietnamese government's regulations, travellers can bring up to USD 5,000 or its equivalent in other foreign currencies when entering or exiting the country.
- If you carry more than USD 5,000, you must declare the amount at the customs office upon arrival or departure.
- It's important to note that this USD 5,000 limit applies to both Vietnamese residents and foreign visitors. If you're travelling with a group, the total amount of foreign currency you carry can be at most USD 10,000 without declaration.
- Additionally, if you're carrying Vietnamese Dong (VND), you're allowed to bring up to 15 million VND without declaration.
- It's also worth noting that if you're carrying any valuable item, such as jewellery or electronic devices, you may be required to declare those as well. Failure to do so could result in fines or confiscation of the items.
- If you're carrying more than the allowed amount of foreign currency, you may face penalties or have your excess money confiscated.
- So ensure to plan ahead and that you're carrying only the permitted amount.
- Consider alternative ways to bring money with you, such as traveller's checks or prepaid debit cards.
- When travelling to Vietnam, it's always a good idea to research the country's customs and regulations beforehand to avoid any issues during your trip. Vietnam is a relatively safe country for travellers, but it's important to take the necessary precautions to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience.
- If you do need to declare your foreign currency at the customs office, the process is relatively straightforward.
- You'll need to fill out a declaration form and present it to the customs officer along with your passport and other relevant documents. The officer will then verify the amount of money you're carrying and may ask you a few questions about the source of the funds.
Conclusion: By reading through the instructions above, hopefully, you have understood that Vietnam Airlines allows passengers to carry up to USD 5,000 or its equivalent when they enter or exit the country. In case the amount exceeds, you must declare it to the customer's office, which should be approved. Moreover, if you still have any doubts or if additional information is required, you can directly call on Vietnam Airlines Phone Number 1-802-341-3409 and speak to a live person. You can also visit the official website to get various self-help links and other information.