How Strict Is American Airlines With Carry On Size
Carry On Size is an essential factor of the baggage policies, and only a particular dimension and weight for luggage are permitted to the flyers. If you are boarding an American Airlines, check the carry-on bag size before checking the baggage. American Airlines Carry-on Bag Size Limits & Rules, keep in mind these guidelines to have an incredible journey with the airline.
American Airlines Carry-On Policy
Do you know how Strict Is American Airlines With Carry On Size? You can get the idea after reading all the terms and conditions shared below:
- Size: The airline carry-on dimensions, including the wheels and handles, is up to 22X14X9 inches (56X36X23 cm) to fit in the departure gate. Else, it will be checked, and a fee of nearly $ 30 to $ 200 for extra carry-on Size, based on your destination.
- Weight: American Airlines is also strict with the weight limit of your carry-on bag, which should not exceed 18 kg.
- Personal Items: As per the guidelines, American Airlines allows flyers to take one personal item. These items include a small backpack, laptop bag, camera bag, briefcase, or purse. It should be 18X14X8 inches and not above that to fit underneath the seat in front of you.
These are just specific American Airlines Carry-on Bag Size Limits & Rules. However, check the other restrictions imposed by American Airlines.
Are there any prohibited carry-on items by American Airlines
Before buying the ticket, check the list of prohibited items:
- Firearms and ammunition.
- Fireworks, sparklers, gunpowder, and explosives.
- Inspect sprays.
- Internal combustion engines.
- Self-defense sprays like pepper spray, mace, and bear deterrent.
- Sharp objects, including box cutters and carpet knives.
What items are allowed by the airlines
Passengers are permitted certain items by American Airlines for their convenience:
- Outerwear like coats and jackets.
- A diaper bag, pillow, blanket, book, or newspaper.
- Drinks are permitted after passing security.
- Lithium batteries for laptops, phones, or cameras.
Apart from these, Medical Assistance and children's necessities are allowed:
Medical Assistance: wheelchairs and assistive devices like walkers and walking canes in addition to your baggage.
Children's Necessities: to relieve the adults, passengers who are carrying children with them can carry these products, such as soft-sided cooler bags, child safety seats, strollers, and diaper bags.
You have to pay the penalty if you're not following these strict guidelines. In case of any queries, you can contact the airline's customer support. Dial American Airlines at 1 802 341 3409 to consult with a live representative. Follow social media to get the latest deals to book your flight. Visit the website for more updated information.