Is Air France strict on carry on size
Air France is strict about their carry-on baggage policy, and if you are traveling with carry-on baggage, you are limited to carrying one main bag on board along with a small personal item. The carry-on baggage is required to get fit under the size prescribed by the airlines. The luggage is also required to be stored in the overhead compartment or in the space given in front of you. The smaller personal items are also required to fit underneath the seat in front of you.
Smaller baggage allowance with Air France
By now, you must get the answer to the question: Is Air France strict on carry-on size or not? Well, they not only have a strict policy for carry-on baggage on top of that, but they also have a smaller baggage allowance for the passengers with their main bag so that they can get some relief.A typical example of Air France's website includes handbags or briefcases for the smaller baggage that should be at most the limit of 40 x 30 x 15 cm / 16 x 12 x 6 inches.
There is a lot of space under the seat in front of you, so it will be fine if you take a bit more than the size the airline prescribes for you. You can fit your handbag or briefcase in there alone with the essentials you might need on your trip.
Carry-on Baggage with Air France
- The passengers traveling in the economy cabin are allowed to carry the combined baggage weight of their carry-on and smaller item that doesn't exceed 12 kg/ 26lb.
- The combined baggage weight is allowed to be 18kg/ 40lb if you are traveling under Premium economy, business, or La Première cabins.
- The airline hardly examines the weight of your handbag while traveling at the time of boarding or check-in. However, it is always beneficial for you to double-check.
- If you ever get stuck in the weight check-in limit, there is no need to worry too much if it's slightly overweight.
- You should wear the heavy clothes you wish to carry with you on the trip as it will help you save your hard-earned money.
Carry on liquid with Air France.
- The passengers are allowed to carry liquid, paste, or cream products through security as long as each bottle contains not more than 100ml/ 3.4 fl. oz each.
- The liquid item is required to fit comfortably under a see-through bag, a re-saleable bag with a size and dimension equal to 20*20 cm/ 7.6*7.8 in.
- The bag's capacity is not required to exceed 1 liter or 34.8 fl. oz.
- There are no limitations on the acceptance of some beverages (baby food, medicine, etc.).
- Some items in liquid are restricted by the airline, so you should visit the airline's official website and read about the banned and restricted items to carry with Air France.
It is advisable for you to play safe and be cautious with the baggage, and using the soft-edge corner bags will be beneficial for you as it will give you a great edge in negotiating with the size of the baggage. For more information, dial the Air France phone number and connect with the customer service executive for more details.