Is TAP Portugal Strict with Hand Luggage
Every airline has its own rules and policies when it comes to baggage policy. Tap Portugal also has one, and whether or not the airline is strict about it is discussed below. If you are worried about Is TAP Portugal strict with hand luggage? You can go through the points below and understand the baggage rules of TAP Portugal.
The TAP Portugal baggage Policy
It is always helpful to know about the baggage policies before traveling to avoid any inconvenience during your travel. The baggage is allowed as per the fare category you have purchased. You can take your luggage on TAP Portugal airlines depending on the fare.
On TAP Portugal, you are allowed to take a personal bag for free, and the standard carry-on baggage is as follows:
- carry-on bag - economy
- carry-on bags - executive class
The size and weight measurements:
You must follow the size and measurements of carry-on baggage. If the weight exceeds, you need to make extra charges.
- The personal item: Max weight - 10kg / 22 lbs.
- The hand luggage: Max size - 55 x 44 x 20 cm / 22 x 16 x 8 inches.
If the hand luggage exceeds the limit, you will have to make extra charges depending on the weight of your luggage.
The personal item:
Apart from hand luggage, personal bag is also allowed. The personal baggage can be:
- Bags: laptop bags, purses, or a shoulder backpack.
- A duty-free shopping bag.
- Medical devices: you need to inform prior about the devices and provide the prescriptions.
- Walking aids: such as wheelchairs and canes.
The checked-in baggage limits depend on the type of ticket you have purchased. You can go through the below size and measurements for various classes on the TAP Portugal airline.
- Top executive: You can take 2 luggage, which should not exceed 32 kg / 70 lb.
- Executive: 2 checked-in baggage up to 32 kg / 70 lb.
- Plus: you can take 2 items up to 23 kg / 50 lb.
- Classic: you can take 1 item up to 23 kg / 50 lb.
- Basic: you can take 1 item up to 23 kg / 50 lb.
If you need further information on the special baggage and the cost of the extra baggage, you can visit the official page of TAP Portugal and check the baggage page.
If you want to contact the customer service of TAP Portugal, you can use the TAP Portugal Phone Number and get in touch with a live person to know more about the baggage rules and policies. You can also go through the FAQs if you have any other doubts.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *