JetBlue Flight Baggage Policy & Fees
Do you have a traveling plan with JetBlue? If yes, then you might be bringing your bags with you. JetBlue takes full responsibility for your bags. However, you want to know several things about the baggage at JetBlue. You are advised to read this article to inform yourself about various aspects of baggage at JetBlue.
JetBlue Baggage Policy
JetBlue has a very strict policy for the bags. The passengers coming to board the flight will have to follow the rules and regulations the airline decides for the luggage. However, you may not be well informed about the terms and conditions. This section of the article discusses Jetblue Baggage Policy for passengers.
- The passengers can take one carry-on bag on the flight for free. The bag must not cross the dimension of 55.88 cm x 35.56 cm x 22.86 cm, including handles and wheels.
- One personal item can be taken on the flight within the dimension of 43.2 cm x 33 cm x 20.32 cm and must fit under the seat in front of the passengers. These personal items can be purses or laptops.
- The passengers can add up to two checked bags anytime from the booking till they reach the airport to board the flight.
- You are supposed to pay extra for the baggage if you cross the limit of checked bags or if your luggage is oversized.
- Some items such as knives, scissors, sharp instruments, and many more are prohibited to bring on the flight. If you get any of them, you must leave them at the airport gate.
How much do I have to pay for the baggage?
Do you want to save your money on the checked bags? If yes, you are advised to add your luggage to your booking at least 24 hours before the flight's departure. After this, a fee of $5 and $10 on the first and second baggage will be paid on the bags. Pay for the baggage as per your ticket. To know the price, read the points below.
- Blue Basic - JetBlue charges $35 for the first checked bag, whereas if you have a second checked bag, you must pay $60 for it.
- Blue - The passengers who have purchased blue will have to pay the same price as Blue Basic.
- Blue Plus - The passengers do not have to pay any amount for the first checked bag as the fee is already included on the ticket. However, the second bag is chargeable, and they must pay $60.
- Blue Extra - In this type of ticket, the passengers must pay a fee of $35 for the first checked bag and $60 for the second checked bag.
- Mint - JetBlue does not take any extra amount from the passengers for adding their bags as the fee is already included on the ticket.
- Mosaic - The case is the same here as mint. No bags are chargeable.
- JetBlue Plus Commander - A fee of $60 is to be paid to add the second bag to the journey, but the airline does not ask you to pay any fee for the first checked bag.
- Oversized and Overweight Baggage - Any baggage crossing the weight of 23 kg and 31 kg sometimes or a dimension of 160 cm in total is subjected to a fee of $150 per bag.