What is the cancellation policy for Qantas Airlines?
Flight cancellation is also an essential part of a flight journey as it becomes necessary at times for passengers to cancel their flights for a number of reasons. But, the problem is they have to pay high cancellation charges, and the process can be hectic.
However, it's not the same with Qantas Airlines as they provide a 24-hour risk-free period to cancel the flights without any charges for any reason. If you are willing to cancel your Qantas Airlines flight, then you must read the Qantas Airlines Cancellation Policy mentioned in the section below for your convenience and to complete the process smoothly.
What is the Qantas Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy?
- According to the policy, if you want to be eligible for this, your flight must be originating to and from North America.
- You can request a full refund in the original form of payment after canceling your Flex or Refundable fare within 24 hours of the reservation and seven days before the scheduled departure.
- Another condition for eligibility is the flight must be operated by Qantas Airlines.
- Your booked fare must not be a promotional or discounted one.
- The itinerary must not include more than nine passengers under any circumstances.
What is the cancellation policy for award fares at Qantas Airways?
If you are willing to cancel your Award fare at Qantas Airlines, then here are a few critical points of their cancellation policy that you must consider before proceeding further.
- As per the policy, you are allowed to cancel the Award fares only through the Manage Booking section of the Qantas Airlines website.
- You can cancel your Classic Flight Reward Booking up to 24 hours before the planned departure.
- Passengers are not allowed to cancel such flights after the scheduled departure.
- There is a possibility that you can change the destination of your Reward Booking up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- If you are willing to cancel the ticket for a single person with multiple passengers in the booking, then you can do it only by calling their customer service number.
What is the process to cancel the flight at Qantas Airlines?
Passengers can cancel their Qantas Airlines flight online by accessing their website or by contacting their Customer Support team. Both methods are explained below for a better understanding.
Method 1: Online
You must follow the steps described below to cancel your Qantas flight online.
- Firstly, navigate the Manage Booking section of the Qantas Airlines website.
- Now, you are supposed to enter the Booking Reference Number/Code and Last Name to access the Booking details.
- Once you get access, mark the flight you want to cancel and click the same option.
- You must agree to the cancellation charges and refund amount on the following page to proceed further.
- Lastly, click the OK option to finish the process, and your flight stands canceled.
- You will get an endorsement email immediately confirming the same.
Method 2: Via Call
Another swift medium to cancel the Qantas Airways flight is by calling their customer service number at +1-1800-227-4500 or +1-802-341-3409 and choosing the cancellation option. You must share your booking details with the representative so that they can verify the details and cancel the flight. After successful cancellation, they will process the refund.