Can I cancel and get a refund in Qatar Airways?
Airlines offer a 24-hour flexible cancellation policy to their users so that they can easily cancel the itinerary if they need to. We understand that uncontrollable situations can arise anytime, but you should know the critical points of Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy. Otherwise, check the information given below. The policy explains under which conditions the Airline will refund the total value of the canceled ticket.
- Flight tickets purchased via miles, and any reward points are not eligible for cancellation.
- The travelers who have canceled the booked flight tickets within 24 hours of purchase are liable to get a complete refund.
- For passengers who have purchased the nonrefundable flight fares, no cancellation is permitted due to specific fair rules maintained by Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy.
- For all refundable fares, if the cancellation is made before 24 hours of the departure time, only then you are liable to get the refund.
- If the person cancels the flight tickets after the risk period, the Airline will impose the applicable fee, which can be deducted from the refund value.
- Suppose the traveler used some portion of the ticket; you will get a refund only for the remaining amount.
- Sometimes, the passenger's boarding may be denied due to needing valid travel documents, and then the customer has to pay the cancellation and no-show fee.
- Passengers are allowed to submit the cancellation request up to 3 hours before the departure time.
Qatar Airways 24 Hours Cancellation Policy:
According to the 24-hour Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy, the Airline can provide a complete refund to every traveler if the cancellation is done before 24 hours and has seven days left before the scheduled flight departure time.
- Qatar Airways refundable and nonrefundable fare types both are eligible under this policy.
- The Airline does offer a complete refund only to those tickets that are purchased directly from the Qatar Airways official website.
- The 24-hour policy is valid for the Airlines scheduled on the route from the US, Canada, or passengers with a US passport.
- Group booking that covers more than nine travelers is not liable under the 24-hour cancellation policy.
Cancel the Qatar Airways flight ticket online:
Suppose you have read the Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy and are now wondering how to cancel the booked flight ticket online. We recommend checking the given data as it shows the step-by-step process to make the cancellation online.
- It would be best if you headed towards the Qatar Airways official website.
- Then, scroll the portal and select the Manage Booking icon available on the homepage.
- Now, the customer should enter the booking confirmation code and the traveler's surname mentioned on the booked tickets.
- The itinerary will appear on the screen.
- The refund value will be displayed on the screen. Click on the confirmation after reading the consent.
- The Airline will share the cancellation confirmation in a valid email.
- It would be best to wait for at least 7 - 15 days to get the refund for the canceled booking.
How much does Qatar Airways charge the cancellation fee?
Airlines do not charge the cancellation fee if the process is completed within 24 hours of purchase. However, the Airline will impose the applicable cancellation fee of nearly USD 100 - 150 after 24 hours of purchase.