Can I change my flight on Southwest without a fee?
Southwest Airlines is among the leading low-cost airlines in the world. It has its headquarters in Dallas. Flying to numerous destinations, it is among the busiest airlines. Air passengers trust it for its high safety standards and top-notch flight services. Southwest understands that people can change their flights for many reasons. But you should know the Southwest Airlines Change Flight Policy when you decide to change your flight. It is discussed below in the article. Kindly go through each point to get a better understanding.
- Southwest Airlines does not charge any fee for changing flights. It is free of cost.
- Passengers are required to pay the fare difference between the older and new flights.
- Southwest does not give a refund for flight changes. Instead, it depends on the type of fare you have purchased.
- Passengers can go through the flight change process either online or offline. Both methods are simple and convenient.
- The airline also permits passengers to change their flights on the same day as departure.
- The airline does not charge any fee for sudden changes of plans. Passengers can change their flights absolutely free of cost.
What is the process for changing flights on Southwest Airlines?
So now that you know the flight change policy, you must want to know the Southwest Airlines Change Flight process. The entire process is discussed in the following points. Carefully go through the mentioned process to learn how to change a flight on Southwest.
- The initial step is to open the website of the airline. The link to its official website is https://www.southwest.com/.
- You should click the ‘Change/Cancel’ tab on the top of the homepage.
- Next, you should enter your confirmation number, first and last name and tick the Change flight checkbox. Hit the search button to retrieve your booking.
- When your booking opens, you should enter the new route that you wish to modify your flight to.
- From the available flight options, you should pick a flight as per your preference.
- In the end, you should pay the fare difference between the old and new flights.
- You will get a confirmation email on your registered email ID.
Offline method to change your flight:
The offline method to change your Southwest flight is to call its official customer service number. When you call 1-800-435-9792 or + 1-802-341-3409, you will hear the following IVR options.
- Press 1 to book a ticket.
- Press 2 to cancel a ticket.
- Press 3 to change your flight.
- Press 4 for refund information.
- Press 5 for other issues.
You should carefully listen to all the options on the IVR menu. Then, press the appropriate key on your cell phone to ensure your call is forwarded to the correct customer service team. When your call connects, you should inform the executive of your issue, and they will ask you for a few details. Provide the required details and, in the end, make the payment of the fare difference between your earlier and current flight.
Southwest Airlines is a low-cost airline known for its top-class services. It permits its passengers to change their flights when required. It is possible through either online or offline methods. The above article discusses the flight change policy and process of Southwest Airlines.