Southwest Airlines Missed Flight Policy
Southwest Airlines is among those airlines that never disappoint their passengers. If you miss your Southwest flight and reach the airport within 2 hours after the flight departure, the airline will try to book you for the next flight on a standby basis. Besides, the airline will also try to provide accommodation sometimes if no flight is available.In this article, you will learn about Southwest Airlines Missed Flight Policy in detail. Get through to it to discover everything.
The highlights of Southwest Airlines' missed flight policy
- Southwest Airlines will label you a No-Show if you miss your flight for some reason and don't inform the airline about it. You might need to pay a certain charge as a No-Show fee in that case.
- For passengers who don't pay a No-Show fee, the airline doesn't accept their future booking and cancels it if booked.
- If you inform the airline in advance that you will miss the flight, they might waive the no-show fee and help you provide alternate flight options.
- Southwest Airlines might also help you to rebook the flight for free, in case you inform them in advance.
- Besides, if you are a frequent flyer or a reputed member, you might also request the airline to provide you with a refund of the unused portion of the ticket.
Southwest Airlines missed the flight fee
If you miss your flight with Southwest, the airline cancels your itinerary and charges you a no-show fee. If you don't pay for it, your future bookings are being cancelled with Southwest Airlines. You can avoid the no-show fee by informing the airline about the situation in advance. For non-refundable tickets, you might need to pay around $ 75 to $ 400 per head as a missed flight fee. You can always speak to the Southwest airlines live person directly to get the exact information about missed flight fees.
Rebook your missed flight with Southwest Airlines
If you miss your flight with Southwest, here is the simple procedure you can follow to reschedule it. You can also speak to the airline directly to help you in this regard.
- You first need to check whether you are eligible for rebooking if you are not eligible to speak to the airline.
- Go to the official website of Southwest Airlines and log in to your account.
- You can also locate the manage my trip section to access your booking details.
- Then select the section delayed or disrupt and enter the new date
- Also, provide the last name of your booking and check the next available flight to rebook
- You can provide the passenger's and route information to book your flight without paying any additional charges
- Follow the instruction on your window and complete the rebooking process without any hassle
So by going through the information above, you must have understood Southwest Airlines Missed Flight Policy. If you need any additional information or are confused, speak to the support team at Southwest directly. Besides, to stay away from the hassle and have a better experience, ensure to reach the airport on time and avoid missing flight. Last but not least, always keep the airline informed about your delays in case it happens.