What is the pet policy of Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines allows its passengers to travel with their pets on all domestic flights, including Puerto Rico and St. Thomas, U.S.V.I., in the guest cabins only. Spirit Airlines doesn't transport pets in the Cargo compartment, and passengers must buy a pet ticket as per Spirit Airlines pet policy to travel with their pet. The detailed pet policy is as follows:
- Spirit Airlines only allows domestic dogs, cats, small household birds, and rabbits on board.
- Household birds and rabbits are not allowed to/from Puerto Rico and the U.S.V.I.
- Exotic animals, such as snakes, spiders, reptiles, etc., are not allowed on Spirit Airlines.
- It will be removed if the pet is offensive, smelly, and causes disturbance before leaving the gate. It is the responsibility of the passengers to take control of their pets on board.
- A Rabies vaccination certificate is required for the pets traveling with the guest to/from Puerto Rico.
- As per Spirit Airlines pet policy, a health certificate is required for the pets traveling with guests in the aircraft cabin to/from U.S.V.I.
- Only one container per guest is allowed; a maximum of two pets can be in a container.
- The combined weight of the pet container and the pet must not be over 40 pounds.
- The container's linear dimension must fit in the seat in front of the passenger. The dimensions shouldn't be more than 45.72 cm x 35.56 cm x 22.86 cm ( L x W x H).
- The pet must remain in the container throughout the flight and must be able to stand upright and comfortably in the container.
- Passengers can only carry their pets in a soft container.
- Passengers traveling with a pet need to check in at the airport check-in counter, and self-check-in is not allowed.
How can I book a pet ticket on Spirit Airlines?
Passengers can travel with their furry friend on Spirit Airlines on all domestic flights. If you want to book a pet ticket, you must have a confirmed ticket and reservation number. According to Spirit Airlines pet policy, passengers can add a pet to their reservation by contacting the Reservation and Guest Service team at least 48 hours before the flight departure. Follow the below-mentioned steps to book a pet ticket.
- Contact Spirit Airlines Reservation Center at 1-855-728-3555/+1-802-341-3409 and speak to an agent regarding adding a pet to your existing reservation. Follow their instructions, pay the pet travel fee, and your pet ticket will be booked.
- Passengers can also send a text at 48763 to add a pet to their Spirit Airlines flight.
- If you want to chat with a live person regarding adding your pet, drop a text on Spirit Airlines WhatsApp number 855-728-3555, chat with an agent, and your pet tickets will be added.
Does Spirit Airlines allow you to travel with a service animal?
Yes, Spirit Airlines allows guests to travel with a service animal on both domestic and international flights. Some specific documentation will be required to travel with a service animal on an international flight. Passengers can contact Spirit Guest Service at 855-728-3555 to speak to an agent regarding Spirit Airlines pet policy for service animals.