Can I Correction Name on United Airlines Ticket?
If you have made a reservation with United Airlines and you have noticed that your name is misspelled on the itinerary, you can easily correct it. United Airlines provides a flexible name change policy that allows customers to update their misspelled name, travel date, and destination. If you want to learn more about the details of this policy, please refer to the United Flights Name Correction Policy mentioned below:
- American Airlines now allows passengers to change their name within 24 hours of purchase to avoid paying a change fee.
- Passengers are allowed to change only the first, middle, and last names with a limit of up to three characters.
- Complete name change is not possible, and you are also not allowed to transfer your ticket to another person.
- If you need to make changes after the 24-hour window, you will need to pay the applicable correction fee.
- If you board the flight with an incorrect name, it will be considered as a legal offense. So you must ensure that you submit valid government ID proof with the correct name spelling.
- As per the United Flights Name Correction Policy, the airline is not answerable to you. If you booked your flight through a third party,
- If there is a legal reason, such as marriage or divorce, you are allowed to change your last name, but you must present the government documents before the airline.
How can I change my name on United tickets?
The airline provides several options to modify a booked flight ticket, including changing the name or other necessary details. According to the United Flights Name Correction Policy, you can only change the name on flights operated by United Airlines. You can make corrections online, over the phone, or by visiting the ticket help desk at the airport. To get a more clear view, read the points below:
- Get to the official page of United Airlines.
- At the top of the page, locate the “manage my booking” option and click on the passenger itinerary to get the booking details.
- Move to the menu to get the Name Correction option and get a form related to this on the next page.
- Complete the form, type the correct information, and attach the related files for proof.
- Pay the charges, if there are any, and submit the form.
- The airline will rectify your mistake and share a new ticket with the correct name through your registered email.
How much does United charge for name correction?
As per United Flights Name Correction Policy, the airline will charge for the service. However, United has not mentioned how much they charge for the name change, but as per the opinions of passengers, the cost of a name change lies somewhere between $60 and $120. To know the accurate figures, you are suggested to get to their representatives by dialing 1 (800) 864-8331 or +1-802-341-3409 for more help.
The article discusses how passengers who made a mistake while typing their name at the time of booking can rectify their errors. You can refer to this article if you made a mistake in your name.